THE ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION
ONTARIO COMMAND CHARITABLE FOUNDATION,
ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION
AND THE LADIES’ AUXILIARY
BURSARY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
BURSARY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Students applying for assistance may be granted a Bursary of $500.00 per scholastic year (September to August).
Students entering a diploma or certificate course may be granted assistance.
Indentured apprentices may apply for assistance for the purchase of tools and instruments.
1. Ex-Service personnel or currently serving members of the Canadian Forces (Regular, Reserve and Merchant Navy) and their children and grandchildren. Commonwealth war veterans and their children and grandchildren.
2. Ordinary and Life Members of the Royal Canadian Legion and their children and grandchildren.
3. Associate members of the Royal Canadian Legion and their children only.
4. Ladies/ Auxiliary members and their children and grandchildren.
5. Step children and step grandchildren may be considered where applicable.
Application forms are available at the Fergus Legion Branch 275.
Honours/Awards and Bursary Officer
Royal Canadian Legion, Fergus Branch 275
RATIONALE: The Bursary Program is designed to assist students entering or continuing their post‑secondary education, including courses and programs of a technical and vocational nature, outside of and beyond secondary school. Approved bursary assistance is not based upon scholastic standing but rather the combination of acceptable admission status to a post‑secondary institution or successful completion of one or more years leading to a recognized degree, diploma or certificate and demonstrated or documented need.
ASSISTANCE: Students applying for assistance may be granted a bursary based on accepted documented need at a rate determined by the District Bursary Committee of varying amounts of $300.00 up to $500.00 maximum per scholastic year September‑August. Students entering a diploma or certificate course, usually of a shorter duration with reduced tuition, may be granted assistance at a rate to be determined by the District Bursary Chairman Indentured apprentices may apply for assistance for the purchase of tools and instruments.
ELIGIBILITY: (1) Canadian and Commonwealth War veterans and their children and grandchildren.
(2) Ordinary and Life members of The Royal Canadian Legion and their children and grandchildren.
(3) Associate members of The Royal Canadian Legion and their children.
(4) Ladies’ Auxiliary members and their children and grandchildren.
APPLICATIONS: Application forms are available from the following:
Secondary School Guidance Offices
Awards Offices of the Colleges and Universities
Provincial Service Bureau Offices
Branches of the Royal Canadian Legion and Ladies’ Auxiliary
It is the student’s responsibility to complete and mail this application directly to the address below.
If the application form is received without the proper information and endorsements, no consideration will be given to the application.
All applications completed in full must be received by Ontario Command by the last Friday in March from students who are currently attending post secondary education.
The Royal Canadian Legion reserves the right to authenticate all information pertaining to the application prior to any decision being given.
Applicants will be notified by mail as to the decision of the District Bursary Committee. This decision is final and may not be appealed.
For more information contact: Jim Darlington 519-767-2110